West Sussex Trading Standards
CONSUMER SUPPORT NETWORK
The West Sussex Consumer Support Network Extranet has been created by and is maintained by West Sussex County Council Trading Standards Service. It aims to provide and assist Network members with consistent high quality consumer advice in addition to reliable and easily accessible information.
Here is some information about what you can find on the site:
* "What's New" will alert you to any changes in law that are new to the site. You can also find out about any problems in West Sussex, relating to matters such as doorstep selling and prize draws.
* The Guidance gives information on the law, followed by some practical advice on excercising those rights. There are also case studies to illustrate certain, common situations.
* The Extranet asks you to share information with Trading Standards that can be of benefit to all consumers. You can send this information by way of Checklists that are highlighted throughout the site.
* The documents system provides a facility for all users to print copies of the Guidance and to add documents they feel would be of use to other members.
* The forums system provides an opportunity to send and receive messages to other network members. You can share opinions and discuss points of interest.
* The chat system allows users to 'talk' in realtime using a familiar chat facility, thus avoiding the need for a separate telephone call to busy consumer advice lines.
If you are involved in advising or informing consumers, whether it be by way of practical or legal advice, or by giving out basic information and leaflets only we think you will find The Extranet useful and informative.
If you wish to register it will be necessary for you to complete your details on the registration form and submit them. This form can be accessed by (a) clicking on the link below and then (b) clicking on "Login Registration" which can be found at the top right hand corner.
You will need to make it clear that you are part of Neighbourhood Watch and will also have to remember your chosen login name and password. Once you have registered and have been accepted you will, in future, only be required to login with user name and password.
Page content last updated on 2003-05-20